Teaching Students the Essentials for French GCSE in Cheshire
The Queen’s School offers French GCSE & A-level courses to girls in Cheshire, Wirral and North Wales. Our school educates girls from ages 4-18 with a full and varied curriculum to prepare them for the real world and provide opportunities for them to achieve their dreams and goals. Contact us today to join our school.
You can find French GCSE past papers at the bottom of the page.
What Do We Offer in Our French GCSE Course?
Our French department is lead by a subject specialist and native speaker who goes above and beyond to fully prepare students for their GCSE and A-level exams. The language department is housed in well-equipped rooms and regular use is made of technology to enhance language learning. Pupils can access listening material, use our online resources and record themselves speaking a foreign language independently. Our exciting programme of language teaching and learning fully prepares students for their exams in:
What Careers Are There For French Students?
Are you trying to decide which career field to choose as a French student? If you love communication, maybe you would be interested in a translator or interpreter position for an organisation. Journalists are always needed within this language to inform and document occurrences in the world effectively. Perhaps the entertainment industry inspires you. There are several benefits to becoming a tour manager who travels the world with music artists. Using your French education will take you far in positions including but not limited to the following:
- Secondary School Teacher
- Sales Executive
Who Are Successful French Influencers in the World?
Many actors and actresses have experience living in France or working with the French culture for films. Outside the entertainment industry, countless influencers have studied the language or lived in the country. If you’re looking for inspiration from professionals, we have highlighted some key experts. Discover the following individuals who know how to speak French effectively:
- Emma Watson – Emma Watson is a multi-talented actress who spent most of her childhood in France. This allowed her to learn French efficiently and has proven helpful in her career.
- Kristin Scott Thomas – Kristin Scott Thomas has acting experience in English and French films. She studied at ENSATT in Paris and is highly skilled in speaking the language.
- Jane Fonda – Jane Fonda spent many years in France, which allowed her to perfect her French speaking skills. She is one of the most well-known and successful actresses around!
What Are Some Beneficial Tips For Your French Exam?
There are many ways to study and apply the French language in preparation for your exam. Every individual learns and retains information differently, so it’s best to discover specific methods that relate to you. Consider the following for effective studying tips:
- Repetition – The more you recite the French vocabulary, the more you’ll remember. Studying with repetition in small increments is critical.
- Study Using Multiple Resources – Sometimes, it’s beneficial to study using multiple resources. These could range from helpful apps to paper guides, videos, and more.
- Context is Key – If you’re out in the town, look for objects within your studies’ context and say their name in French!
Why Should You Study French at The Queen’s School?
The Queen’s School offers an education to prepare students to excel in their future endeavours. If you know French or want to learn it for a specific career field, we are here to help you reach your goals. Our school is renowned for providing a safe and nurturing environment for girls to thrive. Contact us today.
French GCSE Past Papers:
- GCSE French – AQA 8658 https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/sample-papers-and-mark-schemes/2021/november/AQA-86584F-QP-NOV21.PDF https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/sample-papers-and-mark-schemes/2021/november/AQA-86584H-QP-NOV21.PDF
These past papers are AQA approved.