We would request that all parents consider using transportation other than the family car wherever possible, to reduce pollution, traffic congestion and to keep the roads around the school as safe as possible for our pupils.
The School operates a number of minibuses to collect pupils each morning and return them each afternoon. All minibuses drop off and collect from both the Lower School and Senior School sites each day. Please note that the minibus service is not for use by the general public.
Current minibus routes are:
- Wirral route, with collection points at: West Kirby, Heswall, Willaston and Saughall.
- Cheshire West route, with collection points at: Hooton Train Station, Childer Thornton, Little Sutton, Sutton Way and Mollington.
- Warrington route, with collection points at: Stockton Health, Stretton, Weaverham, Cuddington, Delamere, Kelsall, Tarvin and Vicars Cross.
- Widnes route, with collection points at: Runcorn, Preston Brook, Frodsham, Helsby, Dunham on the Hill and Mickle Trafford.
- North Wales route, with collection points at: Colwyn Bay, St Asaph, Caerwys, Holywell, Rhosesmor and Northop.
- Wrexham route, with collection points at: Rhostyllen, Wrexham, Holt, Rossett, Pulford and Ewloe.
The School also operates a link minibus service which transports pupils from Senior School to Lower School in the morning, and from Lower School to Senior School in the afternoon. This service is particularly useful for those Lower School pupils travelling in on public transport.
A bus route from Nantwich and Tarporley is operated by Merediths Coaches as detailed in the timetable below. Please contact them to inquire about availability as this is a contract service so not managed by The Queen's School . For a nominal fee the Merediths coach provides a link service in the afternoon from The Queen’s Senior School to The King’s School.
Pupils can also use the council-operated Park and Ride facility, which allows parking at one of four out of town car parks, and bus transport into the City centre. Alternatively, a term-time Scholar’s Pass is available, which allows pupils to be dropped off at one of the Park and Ride car parks and take the bus into Chester.