There are a number of alternative options for safely transporting pupils to both our Lower School and Senior School sites during term-time.
We would request that all parents consider using transportation other than the family car wherever possible, to reduce pollution, traffic congestion and to keep the roads around the school as safe as possible for our pupils.
The School operates a number of minibuses to collect pupils each morning and return them each afternoon. All minibuses drop off and collect from both the Lower School and Senior School sites each day.
Current minibus routes are:
- Wirral route to West Kirby, with collection points at: Hinderton, Heswall and West Kirby.
- Wirral route to Willaston, with collection points at: Great Sutton, Ledsham and Willaston.
- North Wales route to Colwyn Bay, with collection points at: Northop, Pentre Halkyn, Bodelwyddan, Abergele and Colwyn Bay.
- Wrexham route, with collection points at Rhostyllen, Gresford, Marford, Holt, Rosset, Holford and Belgrave.
- Warrington route to Appleton, with collection points at: Bridge Trafford, Helsby, Frodsham and Appleton.
The School also operates a link minibus service which transports pupils from Senior School to Lower School in the morning, and from Lower School to Senior School in the afternoon. This service is particularly useful for those Lower School pupils travelling in on public transport or on a Merediths coach which drop pupils at Senior School only.
Parent-organised coaches run to Nantwich and Whitchurch. These routes are operated by Merediths Coaches and times, prices and availability can be obtained directly from Merediths Coaches (https://www.meredithscoaches.co.uk).
Pupils can also use the council-operated Park and Ride facility, which allows parking at one of four out of town car parks, and bus transport into the City centre. Alternatively, a term-time Scholar’s Pass is available, which allows pupils to be dropped off at one of the Park and Ride car parks and take the bus into Chester.