With the term in full swing, it has been lovely to welcome Reception and Year One parents into school to ‘Share the Learning’ with their daughters. The children were very excited to tour parents around their classrooms, showing them the activities they most enjoy...a real glimpse into the daily morning routine and the first lesson of the day.
Our partnership with parents is very important and these events are a great opportunity to share how we teach early skills and concepts in phonics, writing and maths.
The sessions are certainly something parents have found useful and enjoyed and we will be planning more for the Spring and Summer terms.
- "I found the session very helpful and it gave me a greater understanding of how the day works for my daughter"
- "I found it amazing how much my daughter has come on in such a short space of time, which is a credit to the teachers."
- "It was lovely just to see my daughter in her day to day school setting"
- "We gained an understanding of what was being taught and how the teachers were doing that, so we can reinforce the learning at home."
- "It was lovely to get a glimpse of what my daughter does at school."
- "We were able to see the process of teaching/ learning. Thanks for the opportunity."
- "Going outside was beneficial for making learning fun, my daughter loves being out and about."
- "I thought the quiet, calm discipline of the girls was great."