Girls at Queen’s are celebrating yet another excellent year of A-level results.
The school saw more than 82% of grades at A*-B, an improvement on previous years' results.
Their coveted 100% pass rate was also maintained and 60% of pupils achieved A* or A grades.
96% of girls got into their first or second choice of university and all of the girls going on to study medicine or veterinary science were successful.
Headmistress Sarah Clark said: “It is all credit to our pupils that we have been able to improve our overall A*-B pass rate and that we are maintaining our strong performance with those top A grades.
“I am extremely proud of the work the girls have put in this year – both in their A-level studies but also in their extracurricular learning.
“I was especially pleased to see that 83% of our Extended Project Qualification students achieved the coveted A/A* grades. This qualification is rated highly by the Higher Education sector as a good indicator of how students will perform at university.”
Students this year will be going on to study a wide range of courses at some prestigious institutions. In total 96% of girls got into their choice of university and the vast majority will be heading off to either a Russell Group University or a Times Top 20 ranked institution for their specified course.
Subjects include art foundation, biochemistry, biology, biomedical sciences, building surveying, business, chemical engineering, contemporary Chinese, classics, economics, film studies, geography, history, management, mathematics, medicine, modern languages, natural sciences, politics and international relations, music, social anthropology and veterinary science.
Congratulations go to the following girls who achieved at least 2 A*/A grades:
Emily Adey (A* (Pre-U Art D1 grade) AB)
Chloe Bransby (A*AAA)
Jodie Brown (AAB)
Laura Brierley (AAA)
Alex Castling (AAA)
Amy Clarkson (A*AA)
Louisa Cowell (A*AA)
Deanna Coleman (AAB)
Matilda Gibbons (A*AB)
India Hall (AAB)
Eleanor Hassall (AAB)
Shreya Jahauri (A*AA)
Isobel Millican (AAB)
Isobel Jones (A* A* A)
Matilda Lloyd Williams (A* (Pre-U Art D1 grade) A* A)
Louisa Manby (A*A*A)
Sara Salim (AAA)
Rhiannon Thornton-Reid (AAA)
Alice Thompson (AAB)
Lucy White (AAB)
Emma Whitfield (A*A*A*A)
Amy Williams (AAA)
Ellie Williams (A*AA)
Jessica Willis (A*AA)
Katherine Woods (A*A*B)
Many pupils achieve great things through their extracurricular studies, in addition to their A-levels and Pre-U examinations:
- A number of students took the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ worth half an A-level): 66% achieved an A* and 83% got A*-A grades.
- Deanna Coleman achieved AAB at A-level and also learnt Russian, was Chair at the Model United Nations and gained an A* in her Welsh Baccalaureate.
- As well as an impressive AAA at A-level, Amy Williams won the U20 North of England long jump title last year.
- Shreya Jahauri (A*AA) is off to study medicine at KCL. She is also the current Member of Youth Parliament for Cheshire West and Chester.
- Matilda Lloyd Williams achieved A* A* A at A-level and goes to study Art Foundation. She contributed work to two notable regional exhibitions during her time in sixth form.
- Ellie Williams will study veterinary science after gaining A* AA. She also had extensive commitments with competitive eventing and veterinary work experience.
We would like to congratulate all our students for everything they have achieved with us during their time in sixth form.