Enriching life and learning
Our IT facilities have been extensively developed to meet the curriculum and administrative needs of pupils, parents and the school, and are now among the best in the independent sector.
However, it is not enough to boast excellent facilities. Pupils need to be taught the importance of using new technology in way that is safe, helpful and kind to themselves and their friends. Whilst we embrace new ways of communicating with both parents and pupils, growing responsible digital citizens should be the responsibility of every school and at Queen’s we take this very seriously. From Reception onwards girls are taught skills on a weekly basis that enable them to participate in the digital world in a safe, secure way which enriches their life and learning.
Our provision includes:
- 73 computers for pupil use
- All classrooms have computer facilities
- All classrooms have interactive whiteboards
- Dedicated computing suite containing 21 computers
- Mobile suite of iPads including dedicated free Queen’s App Store
- All computers are equipped with Microsoft Windows and Office, along with educational software titles
- Online learning resources available through the Firefly VLE
Parents will have the satisfaction of knowing that their daughters are attending a school at the forefront of modern technology.