Louisa Phyllis Brown (Humfrey) was a pupil from 1890 to 1895 and retained a life-long connection with and affection for Queen’s.

Mrs Brown was a well-known Chester philanthropist who was Chester’s first woman mayor (1938/39) and also served as Chairman of the Board of Governors of The Queen’s School from 1933-1950.

She and other members of her family are gratefully recognised as the 20th century’s most generous benefactors.